Saturday, March 17, 2007

I don't how people do it

There are some people, such as my friend T_, who seem to be able to do it all. You know, he has a full time job at which he is pretty successful, he owns a house, he has numerous hobbies (mostly dealing with computer stuff, software, electronics and music), he is involved with some fringe art groups that make way-out installations, he goes out to musical events a lot AND he has an active sex life (not in a committed relationship, which might be even better). Plus he's skinny and at the age of forty looks like he's twenty-five. (Oh yeah, and he's even a stoner! So much for that myth.)

Whereas I find myself increasingly unable to organize even the smallest sections of my life - witness how I can't even find time to post to this blog. I have my hobbies - I play guitar, I hike, I sail, I cook, I go out dancing, I read, but damn if can find the time to do them. My guitar playing is way off, I haven't gone sailing in months, and I cook once or twice a week most weeks. I don't know if it's age or the increasing complexity of modern life, or low-level radiation exposure, but I don't seem to be able to get it together. OK, since today is the first day of the rest of my life, this is the start of Brian's organized phase! Just in time for my 48th birthday.

No comments: